Full text of "No Title"

(Message # 141:1808 bytes, New)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 94 11:07:13 EDT
From: Alex McKenzie <mckenzieBBN.COM>
To: katiehbga.com
cc: heart@BBN.COM, waldenBBN.COM, mckenzieBBN.COM
Subject: Some more things
Katie,
Early next week I will mail you copies of the "Quarterly Technical
Reports" covering January 1969 through June 1971. BBN wrote these
reports for ARPA in the month following the end of each quarter, so they
are contemporaneous with the work being done. To date they are the
only written material from 1969 I've been able to find. There will also
be a couple of notes written by Dave Walden, and perhaps a few other
odds and ends.
I have a few names/addresses/phonenmbers which might be of use to you:
Mike Kra!ey - a student at Harvard in 1969 who was involved with the
ARPANET there and joined BBN in the early 1970s. Email:
mkraleyzdi.ziff.com
Roland Bryan - worked at BBN Los Angeles in the late 1960's, worked at
UCSB getting them connected to ARPANET, started the company ACC to
build interface hardware and software for other groups connecting to
ARPANET. Company is still in business in networking, and Roland is
president. Phone: 805-963-8801; Email: bryanpollux.sys.acc.com.
He'd be delighted to talk to you, likes telling stories.
Truett Thatch - worked with Roland at BBN LA, came to BBN Cambridge to
work on IMP (he's in the group photo), now works for ACC. Work phone:
805-963-8801; Home phone: 805-687-3826.
Roland and Truett have promised to look for old written material, but as
of yesterday neither of them had looked.
I also called Severo Ornstein to ask about his archives. He said he had
already spoken to you and expected you to come see him. I think that
he'll try to find any old things he has and show them to you when you
see him.
Regards,
Alex